A chemical peel is one of the most cost-efficient ways of dramatically improving the appearance of your skin. The dermatology team at SkinMD are proud to offer a variety of peels to help decrease your wrinkles, fine lines, scars, and other blemishes. Book your consultation online today or call one of SkinMD’s four offices in Chicago, Orland Park, Skokie, and Evergreen Park, Illinois.
Chemical Peels Q & A
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a specialized solution used to remove the damaged outermost layer of skin. Once applied, the solution exfoliates the skin, then your SkinMD esthetician peels the mask away, exposing a fresh, smoother layer of skin.
Chemical peels can permeate different layers of the skin: superficial, medium, or deep. The deeper the layer of skin, the more dramatic the results.
A chemical peel may not be the best solution for everyone or for every skin condition. It’s most effective for men and women with light or fair-colored skin, and shouldn’t be used if you have psoriasis, eczema, or severe rosacea.
What Conditions Can a Chemical Peel Treat?
The experts at SkinMD offer a variety of chemical peels to address a number of skin issues, including:
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Aging skin
- Crow’s feet
- Sun-damaged skin
- Sagging skin
- Fine lines
Depending on the chemical solutions used, the appearance of these flaws may be greatly improved, if not erased completely.
What Kinds of Chemical Peels are Available?
During your initial consultation, your dermatologist will help you determine which chemical peel will best help you achieve your goals. Chemical peels available at SkinMD include:
- Salicylic Peel: treats chronic acne and decreases signs of aging
- Lactic Peel: exfoliates and stimulates collagen production for sensitive skin
- Glycolic Peel: removes blemishes on the most superficial layers of the skin
- Modified Jessner 14% Peel: reduces the appearance of freckles, acne, and mild rosacea
- TCA Peel: treats serious flaws in the deepest layer of your skin
SkinMD also has two proprietary blends:
- Smoothe Peel: This peel helps to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improves moderate to severe skin imperfections. You may see immediate results after your first peel, and more compelling results with 3-6 peels.
To dramatically improve the appearance of your skin using a chemical peel, call or book your appointment online today.