What is a Facial?
A facial is a multi-step therapeutic treatment for the skin of your face and neck. When done by a professional, a facial can deeply cleanse, hydrate, exfoliate, and nourish the skin.
Skin conditions like acne, rosacea, and hyperpigmentation can see dramatic improvement with regular facials. Formulations vary widely, and different therapeutic elements are combined for a full therapeutic experience.
What are the Benefits of Getting a Facial?
Regular facials offer many benefits, especially when performed by a licensed esthetician who keeps skin care goals in mind. Benefits include:
- Stress relief
- Softer, brighter skin
- Nourished, refreshed, and toned tissue
- Deep pore cleansing
- Improvement in the appearance of blemishes
Regular facials are best as part of a regular, healthy skin care regimen.
What Types of Facials are Available?
SkinMD offers a wide variety of professional facials, each with unique benefits and designed to meet specific skin care goals, including:
- Trinity Treatment: This hour of pampering brightens photo-damaged skin, smooths fine lines, and reduces discoloration. A powerful, nourishing serum washes away dead skin cells, leaving your skin soft and moisturized. A hand, arm, and face massage are included.
- Glow Forward Facial with Youthboost: This two-part exfoliating and volumizing facial includes the Glow Forward Thermal Probiotic Enzyme Mask and Probiotic Youthboost volumizing treatment. Beneficial for all skin types, it brings youth and vitality back to dull, stressed skin.
- Pick Me Up Facial: With this quick, refreshing treatment, your pores are steamed and your skin is deeply cleansed, exfoliated, and hydrated. Using a special blend of serums, your skin comes out fresh and revitalized.
- Essential Facial: Your esthetician creates this customized facial just for you using the results from a skin analysis. Based on your needs, this treatment includes deep cleansing, steam exfoliation, a relaxing facial massage, and a hydrating mask.
- "C" the Difference Anti-Aging Facial: This treatment rejuvenates dehydrated and damaged skin using vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acids. Cleansing, facial massage, exfoliation, a mask, and a moisturizer leave your skin looking fresh and youthful.
- Deep Pore Cleansing Facial: Designed for acne-prone skin, this treatment helps to reduce redness and inflammation, clear pores, remove blackheads, and diminish excess oil. Using deep cleansing, steam extractions, a nourishing mask, and an oil-free moisturizer, this facial leaves your skin healthy and bright.
- Back Facial: This specially formulated treatment helps to clarify, hydrate, and soften the skin of your back. This treatment targets your specific skin type and effectively treats clogged pores and acne, leaving the skin of your back smooth and refreshed.
- High-Frequency Facial: This treatment uses a mild, healing electrical current to treat stubborn acne, shrink enlarged pores, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, brighten puffy eyes, and fade dark eye circles. Beneficial for all skin types, this facial can be performed once a month as part of your ongoing, healthy skin care maintenance.
For your own therapeutic professional facial, call SkinMD or book an appointment online today.